Saturday, August 23, 2008

CocoJune diet plan

Besides of my Coco did sufer from a very light mange problem while he was approximately one and a half month old, both my Coco and June have so far, never fell sick for the past one and a half years. Of course, i dare not take that for granted and i really have to thank God for giving me two healthy bunnies (though some have commented that my buns look a bit skinny).

Right from the first day that i brought both my buns home, i took the breeder advise on giving my buns very simple food which is pellet, hay and water. Eventhough i have done some reading on bunny diet plan, i dare not give it a try cos i know that bunny has a highly sensitive stomach and it easily get upside down. Hence, my buns stick on the three abovementioned items for more than one year. Just a few months back, i decided to give my buns a try on treats such as carrot, apple, papaya tablet and pineapple juice and luckily, they manage to adapt it quite well and in fact, they will chase after me if they saw me holding one of those treats, well, they just love it. However, my buns do not seem to eat vege eventhough i have given them a try on siao pak chai, brocoli, mint, kangkung and etc...........i presume this is may be due to their strong habitual character which make them not simply try on other staffs..........

Below are the pictures that i would like to share pertaining to my buns' diet plan.....

1.Oxbow Pellet - Bunny Basic/T (Timorthy Hay based)



2.Oxbow Timorthy Hay and Oat Hay



3. Apple (red and green) and carrot

4. Oxbow - Papaya Tablets




5. Pinapple juice and



6. Clean water (preferably let bunny drink it directly from the bowl)

* Oxbow is one of the best brand and highly recommended rabbit foods by local breeders.

All the above items are some of the foods which is commonly cater for bunny. For me, i would want to stress more on giving bunny a lot of hay in order to prevent fur block (papaya tablets and pineapple juice can also help on this). That is why for pellet, i give my buns with timorthy hay based, that is only once in the day and i usually i feed them in the morning. For the rest of the day, i give them unlimited hay. Munching on hay can also help to prevent bunny's teeth from overgrowing. In term of item 3 and 5, it is just a treat and my bun will have it twice in a week with only small amount of it. For item 4, both my buns each have one tablet a day and .........Oh yes, before i forget, bunny does produce soft stools and they will eat it directly from their anus. These soft stools are full of nutricent and is one of the essential foods for bunny as well.

So, after a good meal, both my buns love to rest like that..............



and lastly, sufficient exercise and a lot of LOVES are equally important for the health of a bunny.

No comments: